I Do Kay Pharmacist Malaysia Blog Review On Bulletproof Roadmap 2017
Hi guys, it’s Kay here… before I dive straight into my review on Bulletproof® Roadmap 2017… Please allow me to quickly brief through with you all what is the Bulletproof® Diet all about…
what is the Bulletproof roadmap 2017 all about?
The Bulletproof® Diet is not your grandparents’ low fat diet nor typical high fat low carb (HFLC) diet. It focuses mainly on healthy quality fats, antioxidant-rich vegetables, high-quality animal proteins, quality starch as carbs that feed your body at the cellular level. The Bulletproof® Diet Roadmap 2017 shows you exactly what to eat and what to avoid to get the most nutrients from your food, based on a spectrum: green > yellow > red:
Green Zone foods: These are what they called: The Bulletproof® foods. You can eat as many of these as possible!
Yellow Zone foods: Be cautious of these foods & drinks. As they are suspected to cause body inflammation or digestive issues. So, keep an eye and see how they make you feel! Don’t follow blindly!
Red Zone foods: These are what they refer to as the “kryptonite” foods & drinks, you should avoid these as much as possible as they are toxic/ bring havoc to your body system.
In fact, The Bulletproof® Diet is based in one core principle: Getting rid of your life of the toxins, they call it as “kryptonite” foods/ activities/ bad habits that are holding your body back to have the ability to develop the resiliency when you fall sick, and even help you to lose up to a pound a day, look better than before, while achieving optimal levels of energy and focus as major side effects.
No complicated rules to follow or concepts to memorise. Just some simple diet principles that guide you to feeling better than ever before. Here’s the 10 steps to eating The Bulletproof® Diet for better health…
- Eliminate bad sugar. Replace with good ones (as shown in green zone starch)
Bad sugar comes in many hidden forms, including fruit juice, sports drinks, barley malt, cane sugar, caramel, lactose, sucrose, sauces, and salad dressings, honey, maple syrup, and agave can mess with your blood sugar and make you store even more fat. But, you don’t need to worry about the fructose found in whole fruits and vegetables. Just don’t over eat it, as 100% of the fructose you consume goes straight to your liver, which stores as fat and converts into free fatty acids, triglycerides (TG) (a type of fat found in your blood. Your body uses them for energy. You need some triglycerides for good health). YET, too much of TG turn into artery-clogging plaques.
- Switch to organic fruits & vegetables & limit your fruit consumption.
This is more important for some plants. You can find a full updated list from the Environmental Working Group. Fruits are not vegetables. Favour low fructose-containing fruits like berries and lemons over higher sugar fruits like watermelon and apples. Too much fructose per day can:
> exacerbate high blood pressure,
> elevate uric acid (cause gout),
> cause small bacterial, yeast intestinal overgrowth
> cause body to store more fat (insulin resistance)
> kidney disease
> poke hole in your small intestine creating leaky gut
Limit your fruit consumption to 1-2 servings per day can help lower your triglycerides (TG) levels. BUT, high TG raise your risk of heart disease and may be a sign of metabolic syndrome. High TG levels may also develop inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis), which can cause sudden, severe abdominal (belly) pain, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, and fever.
- Replace inflammatory oils & fats with the right ones.
The type of fats you eat can change your body inflammatory response. Replacing unstable unsaturated fats with healthy fats like grass-fed butter, ghee, Brain Octane Oil, XCT Oil, cocoa butter, and coconut oil to help reduce your sugar cravings and gives you more longer lasting energy. Avoid bad fats like corn oil, soy oil, and canola oil and unstable polyunsaturated fats like walnut, flax, peanut oil, and vegetables oil!
- Switch to quality, clean, lean animal protein.
The quality of your protein source matters. Choose pastured-raised, grass-fed meat like beef, lamb, and bison. Pastured eggs, pork, chicken, turkey, and duck also make good clean sources of protein. Eat significant amounts of wild caught fish and other seafood, but make sure your fish is low in toxins, mercury, and wild – never farm-raised, please! Grass-fed animal protein was lower in total fat, higher in beta-carotene, higher in vitamin E, Bs (thiamine & riboflavin), calcium, magnesium, and potassium, higher in anti-inflammatory omega 3, lower in calories, leaner, and high in amazing fatty acid Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), a natural free fatty acid that helps burn fat!
- Remove all processed, homogenised, and pasteurised dairy.
Most dairy products contain protein (casein) and sugar (lactose) that cause inflammation & digestive distress in many people. Grass-fed butter has much lower levels of casein and lactose because of the churning process, that removes the buttermilk from the butterfat. Most people feel a lot better after removing milk, yoghurt, cheese, and other dairy products entirely from their diet, but if you want to keep some dairy products, opt for full-fat, raw dairy from grass-fed cows/ goats!
- Remove gluten (a form of protein found in wheat, rye, barley, oats, triticale,and many processed foods).
Gluten makes things light, spongy, chewy, crunchy, stabiliser, thickening agent, and helps foods maintain their shape, acting as a glue that holds food together. Wheat is a particularly important grain to avoid because of the many negative effects of gluten (a protein found in wheat & grains). This category also includes corn, oats, barley,whole grains, and other cereal grains. Gluten-containing grains have both bad news twins: lectins & phytates.
1. Matter to the performance level of everyone, particularly important to people have thyroid condition, any kind of arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, cystitis, or even if you are overweight. Lectins are natural pesticides and repellents found in plant themselves to protect themselves and their seeds from hungry animals. When we consume lectins, they disrupt human cell communication via sticking to red blood cells very effectively, which makes them stick together until you get abnormal clotting. In fact, about 20% of all cases of rheumatoid arthritis are caused by lectins in the nightshade family. Common nightshades include tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and bell peppers, goji berries. “Superfood” goji berries anyone? Think again 😉
2. It is attracted to glucosamine (the polysaccharide (complex carbohydrates) that covers and protect your joints), causes inflammation and pain in joints. Guys, now you know why glucosamine works for your joint pain! Because the glucosamine in your supplements was binding the lectin in your diet before it reached your joints!
3. It can raised your blood sugar making it harder to burn off fat, we call it insulin resistant.
4. Altered your gut flora to non-healthy ones, causing you store more calories from the food you eat
5. Makes you even hungrier as it blocks your hormone that makes you feel full after eating, we call it leptin (hunger hormone (resistance).
6. Contains component that activates inflammatory disorders, including autoimmunity and infectious diseases. Lectins suck your energy and makes you feel weak, people! High performance people avoid things that make you weak! 🙁
Phytates or Phytic Acid
1. They are anti-nutrients (it makes healthy vitamins and minerals especially calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc you take in bio-unavailable). As a result, you aren’t absorbing nutrients properly, you’re going to face serious health risks for the future. To neutralize the phytates in gluten and even soy products, you have to ferment the heck out of it, as we do in Asia!
- Eliminate legumes, potatoes, and tomatoes.
This includes such as peanuts, beans, and lentils. As these foods contains lectins that make you weak as illustrated in point 6. If you must have beans, soak, sprout (or ferment), and cook them yourself.
- Eliminate all synthetic foods & additives.
This includes colourings, aspartame, MSG, dyes, and artificial flavourings. Don’t believe in healthy food hype! The key problems with them are it disrupts your hormones, your thyroid health, and most importantly it is overly processed! This put stress to your body to digest it and hence release even more free radicals to your body.
- Cook food gently.
Smoking, frying, and grilling can damage the proteins in your meat and produce carcinogens (a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue) that adhere to the surface of the food. It is best to cook your food slow, low heat, at/ under about 320°F (160 Celsius). Please do not use microwaves or fry your food!
- Enjoy your food.
side effects of The Bulletproof Diet?
It was claimed that The Bulletproof® Diet will makes you feel better. Why? Because the Bulletproof® Diet focus on eating high-quality, nutrient-dense foods that fuel your body and makes you:
- Feel full for hours with no food cravings/ loss in energy throughout the day
- No calorie counting ever
- Better performance at work
- Better performance at home 😉 (you know what I mean)
- Looks damn great as it supports fat loss + muscle maintenance easily
- Increase your energy levels
- Improve cognitive function, think faster
- Better focus & concentration
- Build body resiliency
- Lowering body inflammation
- Balance your body blood sugar & hormones
- Increase overall happiness
- Improve your HDL (good cholesterol levels) that immune to heart disease
from my personal hard truth experiences…
I understand that going from cheesy cakes, donuts, pizza, bread, power bar, sodas, quick protein shakes, other delicious gluten foods and transform your lifestyle TO covering your plate in green veggies with good fats and proteins isn’t always an easy transition! And go cold-turkey to new diet won’t help either.
From my own personal hard-truth experience while trying out the Bulletproof® Diet Roadmap 2016 & 2017, I noticed that there’s some improvement on my skin, blood cholesterol profile, and body shape, but the benefits aren’t satisfied me as I would like them to be.
I follow the diet plan till the extend that my family, friends, and colleagues around me shook their head as they think that I went way too extreme for them to cut out bread, pastas, cookies, and cheat meals days for them! Yet, going cold turkey/ extreme changes doesn’t not really work well for me, as I haven’t addressed the root causes that were around before I started eating the Bulletproof® Diet back in 2016.
At that time, I was thinking that, “Hmmmm.. maybe The Bulletproof® Diet is not that perfect…” So I came out with my own thing. I decided to make the lifestyle and diet change slowly and STOP force feeding myself with too much of good fats, proteins, fibres, and carbs to my body. I took the courage to re-start everything and just focus on listening and communicate with my own body.
Let me share with you what is the thing that is slightly different that I find out which is more suitable for myself. I do not know about you, but it works more effectively for me. No doubt I am currently a Bulletproof® coach and user, but because we always understand our own body, under what circumstances it works best, how much food servings we need, and what my body needs, hence I discover something interesting and implement it daily in my life…. it works like magic for me. And that is why I am here sharing these with you…
kay (care) the unconventional pharmacist diet
Instead of straight diving into any new diet and telling people what to eat and what not to eat, wouldn’t it be great if we first discover the root causes/ kryptonites, i.e. habits, foods, emotions, mindsets that are holding use back towards success? Then detox them out of your life strategically, before replenishing nutrient-dense foods or any superd diet plan? And this is the top 1 mistakes that I made before diving in into any new diet plan, not addressing and finding out what’s holding my optimal health back (the root causes).
Yes, the Bulletproof® Diet is great for rebalancing hormones, detoxifying your body, entering fat-burning mode (ketosis), mental clarity, better resiliency, and increasing micronutrient status. However, some people are just so sick, malnourished, and screwed up hormonally, emotionally that the Bulletproof® Diet isn’t quite enough for them to make a change in their health.
Trying to lose weight when your hormones (thyroid, sex, stress) levels are in havoc obviously not going to work. Having that said, over time, the Bulletproof® Diet may help raise your important hormone and cholesterol levels to optimal, but it will definitely takes a while. Yes or yes?
Trying to boost your IQ/ EQ while having sleep deprivation with magnesium deficient is a disaster waiting to happen. Providing more nutrient dense foods for your tired/ gone hay wired brain/ body will not make the brain/ body perform to the standard you wanted it to be or used to be… It is just like pushing the accelerator on a car with a broken engine won’t make it go faster, no matter how hard you press. Agree?
“Most people have been abusing their bodies for years, and repairs don’t always happen overnight.”
In fact, no doubt that the Bulletproof® Diet has done wonders for my health and performance, and have help me on my path to recovery, but it wasn’t the only thing I used to recover from my past mistakes that I have done to my overall health (emotionally and physically), it just might not be enough to get you all the way to the level you want to be.
Why? Because if you don’t discover and acknowledge the root causes/ kryptonites, i.e. habits, foods, emotions, mindsets that were around before you started diving into the Bulletproof® Diet, and decided consciously to make a brave change, you shouldn’t expect the same results as someone who was already pretty healthy. 😉
I know this might sounds like an insurance company saying, “We don’t cover people with pre-existing health conditions,” but this is the hard truth.
KAY (CARE) THE UNCONVENTIONAL PHARMACIST DIET absolutely will do more than a standard diet, and it works pretty quickly once you get the whole idea and principles behind, but you may need to be aware and pay attention to other parts of being UNCONVENTIONAL 😉 I treat it as a manifesto, a call to arms for a new mental model of living: the experimental lifestyle, to learn what you best respond to. The method that you’ll going to discover can help you develop attitudes and lifestyles that don’t just fight illness, but help prevent it, too. The benefits go far beyond the physical health!
The Bulletproof® Diet works, but…
… it’s even more important to address any possible underlying conditions too. Here’s a place to start in order for Kay (Care) The Unconventional Pharmacist Diet + The Bulletproof® Diet to work better for you:
- Discover your habitualroot causes/ kryptonites, i.e. habits, foods, emotions, mindsets that been holding you back
- Get tested if you have any hormonal imbalances (e.g., low thyroid/ testosterone/ estrogen, etc). Don’t guess
- Get tested if you had any severe micro-nutrient deficiencies
- Check if you got accumulated any sleep debt and irregular circadian rhythms
- Get tested if you have any specific food sensitivity
- Are you experiencing chronic stress
If possible, get your
- 23andMe: DNA Genetic Testing & Analysis tested as well
- Check if you have any glutathione depletion
- Check if you got extreme toxin accumulation, including mold toxicity
Remember to follow the steps above, if you’re having trouble easing into the Bulletproof® Diet! Otherwise, if you still can’t figure things out yourself, you are not alone 😉 You can connect with me here 😉
Why me? I’ve been through this journey and I truly understand how tough this is to do it alone… And that is why I am here to assist you throughout your health transformational journey, so that you won’t easily give up!
Once again, if you were ready to make a serious change, book me here in pharmacist malaysia blog , ok? 🙂